According to the Association of British Insurers, there are over 1,500 whiplash claims made every day in the UK.
For many people who suffer from whiplash the symptoms are clear, but for many it's not always that obvious. It is well-known that sometimes whiplash symptoms can take a day or even more to fully materialise, which can lead some sufferers to not be sure whether they have whiplash or not.
If your whiplash was caused by an accident that wasn't your fault, then you may be eligible to make a claim for whiplash compensation.
To find out more try our Compensation Calculator now
As with all injury compensation claims, the amount of compensation you could be awarded will depend on a number of factors - particularly the severity of your injury and the impact it has on your day-to-day life.
With this being said, we can use average whiplash payouts as a guide to give you an idea of how much you can claim.
– neck pain for a few weeks to a year – £850 – £2,900
– neck pain for up to 2 years – £2,900 – £5,200
– Neck pain for a few years with risk of the pain returning – £5,900 – £9,000
– Permanent or recurring neck pain and stiffness – £9,000 – £16,000
– Severe neck pain and permanent damage to the cervical spine – up to £97,500
For more information, read our whiplash compensation page.
Full library of resources to learn more about the different types of personal injury and the claims processPersonal Injury Resources